Saturday, March 23, 2013

5 years strong...

   5 years ago today a young guy asked a young lady to be his girlfriend. That guy has now grown into a wonderful, loving, responsible man, and that lady is me. It's pretty crazy to think about the past 5 years, all that has happened and how far we have come. When Ryan and I met we were so young, so jaded, and so insecure within our own selves. He had been burned by love before me, as I had before him. We both came into this relationship with our guards up, thinking to ourselves that the other will fit our perfect profile, or to hell with them. I am so grateful that we both had our wits about us enough to be able to compromise at the right times, yet stand true to ourselves at the right times. We learned so much about each other in the first few years, but the best part is that we are still learning about each other. We have come to grow together, and support each other in each persons individual growth.
   Ryan has become my number one supporter, and fan. He will always let me know when I am overreacting or somehow being ridiculous though. I do the same for him. When I met Ryan, I thought I knew who I was, and to some extent, I did. But, I had lost sight of a lot of things that I hold dear, and still had a lot to learn. Over the years I have had a lot of guilt over not being as good of a friend to some, while being too good of a friend to others. Being with Ryan has helped me to really feel comfortable in my own skin, and to accept the fact that I am not perfect, but I am good enough. The best part, is that I have helped him to feel the same way about himself, which is why we're such a great match.
   I can't imagine my life without him, and I wouldn't want to take this journey with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment