Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just the beginning...


   I have sat down to begin this blog so many times already. I have even gotten to what I thought would be the end of the first page, but couldn't figure out how to start the second page. I keep wanting to leave my readers in suspense, as though I am writing some sort of fiction short story.
   But I am not, I am writing the truth about my life, my experiences and my emotions. I am searching for support, understanding, and possibly some direction. So I think I will just lay it out on the line. After-all, face to face I am very blunt, so why beat around the bush when I am safe behind my computer screen? I am a believer in jumping in with both feet.
    I had a relatively 'normal' childhood....one filled with hanging out with my friends, arguing with my parents over cleaning my room, and the typical sibling rivalries between my older brother, sister and I. I grew up in a small town, just north of Winnipeg MB, and maintained what sanity I could by taking frequent trips into the big city with my friends.
   Yes, most things about my life were pretty normal, average. But there were just a few things I couldn't get away from that separated me from my peers. My older sister has a disability called Prader Willi Syndrome. It is so complex that it would take at least 5 days to sit down to explain it fully to someone, which even then, they would never believe me. And on top of that, I was born with a heart condition.....

No comments:

Post a Comment